Death Certificate of Mary Ellen Cragen
Oct. 28, 1930
State of Utah
Certificate of Death
1. Place of Death
County: Salt Lake
City or town: Salt Lake
No: Salt Lake County Infirmary
2. Full Name: Mary Ellen Jensen
a. Residence No.: County Infirmary
Length of residence in city or town where death occurred: 50 yrs
3. Sex: Female
4. Color or race: White
5. Single, widowed, married or divorced: Widowed
5a. Wife of: Lars Jensen
6. Date of birth: February 24, 1848
7. Age: 82 yrs, 8 mos., 4 ds.
8. Occupation of deceased: None
9. Birthplace: Bonnie County, Indiana
10. Name of Father: James Cragun
11. Birthplace of Father: Indiana
12. Maiden Name of Mother: Eleanor Lane
13. Birthplace of Mother: Indiana
14. Informant: Levi M. North
Address: 3521 So. 13th East, Salt Lake City
15. Filed: 11-2 1930 W. Christopher
16. Date of Death: October 28th, 1930
17. I Hereby Certify, That I attended deceased from Sept. 1, 1930 to Oct. 28, 1930, that I last saw her alive on Oct. 28, 1930, and that death occurred, on this date stated above at 5:45 p.m.
The Cause Death was as follows: Primary cancer of uterus
Duration: 6 mos.
18. Where was disease contracted if not at place of death? No.
Did an operation precede death? No.
Was there an autopsy? No.
What test confirmed diagnosis?
Signed: M. Rockwell, M.D., 11/1, 1930
Address: Murrary, Utah
19. Place of Burial, Cremation or Removal: Millcreek, Utah
Date of Burial: Nov. 2nd, 1930
20. Undertaker: Deseret Mortuary Co
Address: 36 E. 7th So.