Death Certificate of James Samuel Morgan
May 26, 1947
State of Utah
Certificate of Death
1. Place of Death:
a. County: Salt Lake
b. City or town: Salt Lake City
c. Name of hospital or institution: 1157 Browning Avenue
d. Length of stay: In this community: 75 Years
2. Usual Residence of Deceased
a. State: Utah
b. County: Salt Lake
c. City or town: Salt Lake City
d. Street No. 1157 Browning Avenue
e. In this community: 75 Years
3. a. Full Name: James Samuel Morgan
4. Sex: Male
5. Color or Race: White
6. a. Single, widowed, married, or divorced: Married
6. b. Name of wife: Pearl Pratt Morgan
6. c. Age of husband or wife if alive: 75 yrs.
7. Birth date of deceased: December 21, 1858
8. Age: 78 Years, 5 Months, 5 Days
9. Birthplace: Fairfield, Utah
10. Usual occupation: Postal Superintendent
11. Industry or business: U.S. Post Office
12. Father Name: Joseph R. Morgan
13. Birthplace: England
14. Mother Maiden Name: Mary Jane Turner
15. Birthplace: England
16. a. Informant’s own signature: R.G. Petersen
b. Address: 1145 Browning Ave.
17. a. Burial
b. Date thereof: May 29, 1947
c. Place: burial or cremation: S.L. City Cemetery
18. a. Mortuary: Larkin Mortuary Co.
b. Signature of funeral director: A.J. Larkin, Jr.
c. Address: Salt Lake, Utah d. License No. 87
e. Was body embalmed? Yes f. Embalmer’s License No. 215
19. a. Date received: May 28, 1947
20. Date of Death: May 26th, 1947
21. I Hereby Certify, That I attended deceased from Jan. 1, 1934, to May 26, 1947. I last saw him alive on May 25, 1947; death occurred on the date stated above, at 5:30 a.m.
Immediate cause of death: Uremia
Duration: 3 days
Due to: [See Image]
Duration: 3 days
22. If death was due to external causes, fill in the following:
23. Signature: W.R. Bruner
5/27, 1947 Address: Salt Lake City, Ut.